Belly Dance Classes
Learn the ancient magical art of Belly Dancing in Sarasota with Tahja!
“The Tahja Technique of Middle Eastern Dance” is considered one of the most comprehensive curriculum available in the world today for the serious student of Middle Eastern dance arts.
Dedicated to bringing out more than you ever thought you would be!
Belly Dance Classes with Tahja are designed to
connect your mind/ body/ dancing spirit
and inspire your passionate self.
All levels are welcome!
Please email if you plan to attend.
TWO FABULOUS CLASSES
TECHNIQUE 5:30-6:30 If you are new to the dance and need to learn basic Middle Eastern dance moves, this class is for you, though all levels can participate.
COMPOSITION 6:45-7:45pm For more serious dancers who want to become more refined in their art.
WHERE: All classes held at Sara Dance Center 5000 Fruitville Rd, Sarasota, FL
Pay as you go, $20 per class.
SUPER SPECIAL: Take both classes the same evening for just $25!
The BEST reason to dance is not because it’s incredible for the body, creates grace, poise, flexibility among hundreds of other benefits, the BEST REASON TO DANCE is that it is SO FUN!!!
What Tahja’s students are saying:
“Hello Tahja! I just wanted to send you some good news. The talent show was last Friday night and I made top 5! Honesty, I didn’t think I would even make top 8 because I’m competing against girls that’ve been dancing their whole entire life. One of the girls, her talent is even her career. I was so shocked that I made it. Well that just means they loved your dance! Thanks Tahja!!!!!” Annie (pictured in the center)
“If you have been thinking about it, you need to do it…..join Tahja’s Belly Dance Class! It’s fabulous & fun. I came to the class with a love for dance & wanted to do something enjoyable for myself, but had never Belly Danced before. I was in a middle age slump & my self confidence was low. Tahja turned me around, got me back into dancing shape & I feel great. I look forward to class each week, seeing my dance friends & performing at special events.”
Tahja’s belly dance classes are taught in a very supportive environment where everyday women discover how very extraordinary they really are!
Why belly dance?
Belly Dance is…
- For everyone!
- A sure way to tone and firm muscles so your body looks and feels trimmer
- The best way to sculpt the body, as these ancient moves are designed to create a shapely, strong, curvaceous and sensual body
- Great for helping you to achieve and maintain your ideal weight in a way that dieting alone can’t
- A great complexion enhancer, as it improves circulation.
- A good way to develop quicker reflexes
- A wonderful way to decrease your appetite by secreting endorphins to the brain
- Great for combating fatigue by increasing your energy
- A super way to get rid of stress
- A stimulator in the digestion system
- Counters the feeling of being stiff or rigid, as this is a wonderful way to get into the “flow” and improve flexibility.
- A wonderful way to meet new friends
- Good for the heart! Get fit and tone while having fun!
- A confidence booster. It will show you that you can improve yourself no matter what your age or physical condition.
- Unleash the feminine, become subtly sexy
- Your posture will improve
- You’ll become more graceful and coordinated
- Concentration and balance is greatly improved
- It’s loads of fun!
- Renew your mid-section. Have a new relationship with your belly!
- It’s a wonderful outlet for creativity and expression
- A good way to unwind and relax
- Excellent for self awareness (learn to move parts you never thought would even move!)
- Feel more sensuous and alive
- Learn about other cultures and better understand their music and traditions
- You’ll meet many warm and friendly people
- It’s good for the mind to learn something new! Challenge yourself!
- It is endorsed by many doctors as a healing modality
- Your overall appearance will improve as you radiate more energy
- You’ll learn to gain control and awareness of your body movement.
- You learn to use your body in a natural fluid way as opposed to repetitive or jumping motions that are less natural and can be hard on the joints.
- It is one of the healthiest forms of exercise for all ages (Tahja has had students with ages from 5 to 95 in her classes!)
- It combines the use of the mind, body, & spirit.
- You might even want to perform!
- There is no good reason not to dance
So do it for YOU. You deserve it!
Belly dancing creates self acceptance and celebration for the gift of life and movement. It is a wonderful way to make new friends, build confidence, to relax, feel more sensual and alive, and have a lot of fun!
There are also many physical benefits such as sculpting the body, better muscle tone, improving the posture, better circulation, becoming more fluid, graceful and flexible while at the same time learning about other parts of the world, and an art that can be shared with friends!
Tahja’s belly dancing classes are sure to transform your body and mind.
Having worked with professional athletes & competitive dancers, as well as women and men who have never danced in their lives, she makes everyone feel comfortable and capable, one step at a time.
Her students learn not only specific dance movements and techniques, but moreover, how to perform & choreograph this rich genre of artistic expression.
Tahja is referred to as a “master teacher for teachers” of Middle Eastern dance, as many of Tahja’s students have become world-class performers and teachers of the dance.
The Tahja Technique is designed to discover and unleash the dancer who resides in each of us, to empower one to come into their full joyful potential of expression through dance.”
Tahja believes that learning dance is a joyful and natural process that can greatly benefit anyone, at any age and of any gender.
She views each student as already well accomplished and beautiful, using affirmations and creative visualization to encourage the natural dancer within.
Tahja’s teaching is based on ancient knowledge that dance is about the mind and spirit as much as the body. With this understanding, dramatic changes occur in the lives of her students as they “dance their way” through their grand celebration of life.
Tahja teaches “focused intention”, which is about the dancer’s energetic affect on those who are present when the dance is performed. “As my students discover their own personal dance, they realize more the impact they have on the lives of others, and how very healing and transformative this dance can be not only to the dancer, but also to the observers, through the dancer’s focused intention”.
There is a deep joy unleashed in this dance. By expressing and sharing one’s most profound and emotional feelings through these ancient and sacred physical movements or music (referred to as “taxim”), one’s personal discovery is powerful and contagious, as the dancer or musician is able to share a story of the common bond we all share as humans.
There is a deep philosophical side to the dance, such as a flexible body leads to a flexible mind; as well as a deep spiritual side, such as is felt when an alert and relaxed body that is aware of and responsive to beautiful music brings one to a deep state of moving meditation.
The new found expression of movement allows Tahja’s students to become more expressive not only in their dance but also in their lives, sharing with other’s in a powerful ancient force of renewal and healing.
The “Tahja Technique” is a source for the truly serious artist who wants to unveil her own authentic self through Middle Eastern dance. It is movement, combined with cultural & musical understanding, integrated with the ancient spiritual essence of the dance.
Tahja is one of the few teachers who also works with men in dancing a folkloric style of Middle Eastern dance. As soft and feminine as the dance is for women, it is also strong and masculine when danced by a man when understanding the stylization differences between the two styles.
To register for classes, call (941) 349-3494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org